Friday, April 15, 2016

Thanks for the (Google) Gold!

Well, my strategy was to be as business oriented as possible. Aside from that, I tried to keep the content fun and casual. Every now and then I would make a reference to pop culture simply because it made sense when put into context. I honestly wasn't that concerned with popularity, I just tried to have as much fun as possible with it. Did I use social media to my advantage? I mean if you count posting content through Google plus, then I suppose did. I have several hundred hits so I can confidently say that my posts weren't ignored. My top post was the one regarding my Entrepreneurship experience. This was early on in Spring semester though, so it might be because there were more students back then in the class.

Just speculation though.

But all jokes aside, I think that may have have been the most viral post because I used Entrepreneur and similar words frequently throughout the post. Now, according Google search bar, I am not a very popular guy (as in, I don't show up within the first ten pages). I had a feeling blog popularity would be relevant in class eventually, so I purposely chose a bizarre, unique, maybe irrelevant title.To test my theory, I typed my Blazing llamas blogger on Google.

What I got was a blog about a llama farm in New York. They actually have nice hand knitted stuff if anyone is interested. And apparently you can sponsor a llama as well.  Here's there link for those who are curious
 http://autumnhillllamas.blogspot.com/

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Kara the Llama!
Sponsor A Llama!  Kara

3 comments:

  1. I thin you had a great and light-hearted approach to the class and the assignment. I thought it was interesting that you made pop-culture references, maybe that could make some of your posts more viral. I also did not make it anywhere near the first page, I couldn't even find my post. Also great picture. Check out my post http://ent3003sw.blogspot.com/2016/04/going-for-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This was one of the better posts I've gotten to read all semester. I didn't attempt to use social media to distribute my blog either. Instead I focused on using consistent titles to all my posts and using the same wording for similar posts. Good work on this assignment. http://flgatorblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gustavo,

    I like you're incredibly loose approach to everything! It seems like you have a very good attitude towards entrepreneurship. I think it's funny how you joked throughout your whole blog post, never lose the good attitude! I guess I would only have to ask, that in terms of SEO, how did you choose your keywords? Based off llama names? :P. Just kidding, good job on the post and good luck in the future.

    Please see my post here: http://sadokh.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    Thanks,
    sadok

    ReplyDelete