Today in age most high profile charities/non profits do not offer "fun" events. Perhaps the most notable one would be Jump Rope for Heart, which as the name implies, involves people jump roping to raise money and awareness for heart disease. The opportunity I talked about isn't new. I'm actually part of a UF charity called Hopping 4 a Cure, which is a non profit that raises awareness for MS (multiple sclerosis). Why I chose this as my incentive is because this year we are launching multiple events throughout the year (this has never been done before). The main event for the organization is Hopscotch, but every month we will host "recess" games. My questions were simple as I wanted to know if people would actually pay money to participate in recess games to raise awareness for MS.
I asked:
1) Do you donate to nonprofits?
2) As a child, did you enjoy recess games?
3) Would you be interested in participating in friendly recess games to raise awareness for non profits?
This opportunity offers fun in exchange for funds, thus giving people a reason to join the cause. In regards to the experience, I'd have to say that it wasn't all that bad. Personally the only awkward part for me was actually stopping the person. Once I had their attention, it was relatively easy from there
Great idea Gustavo! Recess and fun activities is a clever way to bring people together, personally I'd like to join in! How were your responses though? I also wish you would've added a fourth question and asked if the people would be willing to PAY to participate in said activities. Overall, job well done!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!
-Angela
I think it's really great that you're doing something nonprofit. I know personally, I don't have much money to donate, but I do have time too. So maybe you could also ask if people would be willing to help out other ways. Or even if they know about the nonprofit you work with. I did not, and knowing how to get the word out would certainly be a benefit. My idea is currently to try to improve Internet connectivity on campus. You can read more about how I decided that at the link below.
ReplyDeletehttp://blazingllamas.blogspot.com/2016/01/entrepreneurship-opportunity-take-1.html
This is a great idea. Organizations similar to this, like dance marathon, can be vastly successful. As a college student I don't have much disposable income myself, so donating to charity is hard. However, when I can do something fun for the day with friends while doing a good cause, it give me a much better incentive to join in. I hope you can be successful with this idea.
ReplyDelete