Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reflection

1. I guess what stood out the most in the reading is that fact that more and more corporations are beginning to follow a "code". In other words, corporations today are sticking more strictly to their guidelines in an attempt to exercise legal and ethical practices. For me this was a surprise because personally I've never seen "corporation" and "ethical" in the same sentence. 

2. What I found confusing about the text was that it never really addressed whether profits outweighs morality or vice versa.

3. If you had a business, would your decisions always be in favor of the company, regardless of what happens to outsiders? Could you provide an example of something that is "illegal but ethical"?

4.  In this chapter, I don't disagree with the author. I do agree that businesses and corporations should abide by the legal system because it does establish some sort of accountability. At the same time, they should not take advantage of the legal system to advance their greed or personal agendas. In other words, they should also be ethical in their practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment