Sunday, February 21, 2016

Giving free money away

I have to admit that I did believe that this assignment would be difficult to pull off, especially since we are, from childhood, primed to not accept gifts from strangers.  With this in mind, I went to oaks mall with my friend Tyler to give it a shot. How I picked people...well I aimed for people that were alone. Aside from that, I didn't have any other criteria to select my unknowing participants. My approach was simple: I just went up to them and asked "Excuse me would you like a dollar?" The first person said yes without hesitation. The second person was skeptical, but I insisted that I had no hidden agenda and that I was being genuine with my offer. She felt more comfortable and accepted my dollar. The third person refused my dollar because he was in the middle of something extremely important. In short, I got 2 out of three people.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the assignment Gustavo!

    No doubt you probably freaked some people out, but you have also broken some boundaries and gained a well social experience for improving your entrepreneurial skills. This takes bold initiative, plus, you probably made someone's day!

    Keep up the good work!
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gustavo! I think you did a great job with this video and really expanded the demographic of people that you could address by going to Oaks Mall. I didn't even think about that as an option because of the fact that we have this campus with people walking around. I think you did a really good job of approaching the people and being fluid in how you offered them the money. You definitely took this assignment to the next level and are going to get the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my blog post at: http://sowersent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

      Delete