Hey guys! My name is Gus (but I'm sure you already knew that). What I want in life? Well I would like to: get a job, study abroad and intern in Jordan, learn Arabic and/or French, master Kendo, learn how to do a one arm handstand, join Peace Corp, go to grad school, visit Angkor Wat, have a road trip on the West Coast, move to NYC or San Francisco, work at a think tank. Now what does this have to do with the business concept?
Absolutely nothing.
I just wanted to share this with you guys. If I had to start a business though, I would probably use Aquanyte. Last summer I participated in an invention showcase and my team came up with a survival cup. You could find the details of how that turned out in an older post. Anyways, I'd modify the cup to tailor humanitarian needs. Instead of marketing it to survival enthusiasts, why not sale it humanitarian organizations. If I learned anything from that competition, it is working with others, how to compromise, and how to use Autocad (sorta). I am also a fluent in Spanish and I have experience in customer service, as I used to work as a face to face fundraiser for a charity.
The Plan
My target audience would be the people in need of light and water. Now that cup itself would have a built in water filter as well as a miniature light (solar powered). The idea is that this bottle would be beneficial for people living in villages and slums. Moreover, these places typically lack electricity and safe drinking water. The Aquanyte bottle could provide both. Sure, the more viable solution would be to have a functioning water system and electric generator, but these bottles would be inexpensive and easier to implement. Plus, you can take it on the go. Like I said, I speak Spanish fluently, so it would make sense to start in Central and South America. What I would do is provide a prototype to humanitarian organizations working in these impoverished areas and ask for their feedback. I would start off with small organizations and eventually work my way towards supplying major humanitarian organizations. People would pay for this products because it can literally improve their lifestyle. This is, of course, a very rough outline and there are plenty of variables I haven't worked out yet, so I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Gus,
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a good concept that could help out the lives of many people in all different parts of the world. Countless countries are lacking both clean water and electricity, and a solution to this would be huge. I think that rather than changing your focus to strictly humanitarian ventures, you could sell the product as a survival and humanitarian tool. This should help you reach a larger market. I really like your idea and am interested to see how it turns out.
If you would like to check out my product, you can do so here:
http://christheentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hey Gus, I think this idea could work and be sold to humanitarian corporations. Water and electricity are very important needs so one can survive, and I think you're on the right track to solving many problems in countries where those needs aren't being met. Making something small and portable is really cool too, and it will really make people's lives easier. Make sure to check out my blog! http://itsmyblogforentc3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
ReplyDeleteI think if you could find a way to get your product around the world and convince investors that it is a good idea, you should do this. I like the description and your idea napkin, here is mine. http://entreprenuershipisamindset.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
ReplyDelete