Monday, February 29, 2016

Tenacity and Endurance (Half-way reflection)

I'll be honest: This isn't my favorite class.

True there aren't any tests and Professor Pryor is a fun professor who strives to make the class as exciting as possible. I am truly grateful for that. Admittedly though, I do make a face when I see upcoming assignments and on some days I'll even curse. If its a bad day I'll curse in Spanish.

In this assignment I've been asked what behavior I've used/developed for this class. Well, there's motivation. My motivation is to try to raise my gpa as much as possible this year because I know that there is room for improvement. 

Did develop a particular attitude for this class? Of course not. But I can say this: this class has helped me to improve in tenacity and endurance. I didn't have a moment where I wanted to throw in the towel, drop the class, cry about it, etc. Instead, there were moments that I simply didn't want to do the assignment. At the end of the day, what kept me in check was the fact that these assignments are worth 1-2 points. Experiences in the past are what remind me not to give up and to remain tenacious. Believe me, I've learned the hard way. 

Sure, these assignments are practically worth nothing, but slip up constantly and it starts to add up. In a way, this is what makes this class dangerous because it truly is tempting to skip a couple assignments. To future students, I know that this class can be frustrating and there will be times where you will start skipping assignments. But if you throw in the towel, what comes after may lead to greater consequences than intended. Don't take this advice only for class, but for life as well. If I had to sum up everything in two words, here is advice a person once told me: "Endure always" 
Here are some tips for the class

1) Put effort into the assignment. B.S-sing can only get you so far in life.
2) Stay on track with the assignments. They quickly stack up
3) DON'T FORGET TO DECLARE!
4) Accept that there is no way around the assignment. Might as well have fun with it. That is what helps me get through this class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment