As of now, my primary revenue driver is the bottle itself. I prioritize the bottle because it makes sense (for me at least) to focus on the area you are strongest in. I actually have this bottle designed and prototype-ed so I will stick with it for the moment. My bottle currently offers clean water and solar powered energy. For future designs, I can add in a flint/magnesium rod and styptic pencil to suit survivalists.
There is a product out there that is similar to mine. If you could so kindly direct your attention to the right, you will see this bottle.
Anyways, reviews are pretty good for the most part, however, it does have an Achilles's heel: durability and filtration. This bottle only filters water and even it's own filter has an expiration date. Moreover, this filtration has its limits because it only deals with particles, not biological organisms. That is called purification. Also, this bottle is made of plastic. After reading this, I will modify my product to purify, not filter. As for this bottle, I would make it purify and be made of something stronger than plastic. This bottle offered by Amazon would make a good collection for those who really just need a water filter, not the additional light energy and other accessories.
Really cool post. You product seems to be a little bit more advanced than the one found on amazon. Since your product is solar powered, you don't need a filter with an expiration date. Good job. Here is my post http://cristalsicard.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html
ReplyDeleteHey Gustavo!
ReplyDeleteYou have done some well research into your competitors and gathered helpful information in the betterment of your own product. If you do end up adding a purifying filter to your product and making the bottle of a more durable material than you may want to surely hold off your future "add ins", the magnesium rod and styptic pencil, till much later so as to reduce costs and allow your product to take off easier. This is unless you WANT your product to be the "have it all product". I think to determine which approach is best will take a thorough search into your customer base.
Great job as always! Keep it up!
- Angela