Wednesday, March 23, 2016

My Unfair Advantages

1. Prototype
- This is an advantage because instead of having an idea, I have an actual functioning prototype. The designs are in a flashdrive and just need extra tinkering. I have something concrete  instead of something abstract.
2. Spanish
I speak spanish fluently, therefore giving me access to an untapped market.
3. Team
I have a group of people who each specialize in a different aspect of the cup. They would be willing to continue working on this project
4. Fieldwork
One of my connections has conducted fieldwork in Haiti and she could help me introduce the project to the area
5. Cheap Supplier
My friend can cheaply produce the item in bulk, especially since he needs to just plug in the data, not actually build it from scratch.
6. Nonprofit connections
My other connection has worked in multiple nonprofits and has worked closely with the UN. Remember, its about who you know. This is my best weapon in my arsenal. I'll explain later.
7. Swiss Knife
Someone commented that my venture already exists...anstart.'s right it does. However, this model particular does krpe than filter water. It can produce clean light, start fires and heal cuts.
8.  Flexibility
This bottle can appeal to survivalists instead of only improvised people. This is another untapped market my bottle can potentially have a hit in.
9. Military?
If I made some extra modifications to this bottle, it could potentially be useful to soldiers, particularly to the infantry soldiers.
10.  Domestic
This bottle doesn't just have to serve those abroad, but also to the ones in need here in this country. We could work with homeless centers and Gainesville could be an excellent place to start.
My best unfair advantage is my connections affiliation with non profits. He could direct me to an organization that is willing to experiment and that could actually be in need of this product (they just don't know it yet). My other connection that has conducted fieldwork in Haiti could help me because she has a personal connection with them. Trust is key, and with this foot in the door, I can access an audience.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gustavo,

    These are some great advantages, and I definitely think these could put you above the competition in the world of business. However, for each of the ten advantages you were supposed to state how they were valuable, rare, inimitable, and non-substitutable. Your post was a little vague. Also, make sure to run the spell check next time before your publish your post. Otherwise, good job and here's a link to mine! http://maursfirstblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gustavo,
    You did a great job. The best part was the modification you made for the military. I like how you addressed the non-profit businesses as being your best advantage. I think this is a great market for your product. I like the idea of conducting field work in Hati. You sound like you really want to help people and hope your product succeeds. The idea of helping the homeless in Gainesville also stood out. Your idea sounds like a social entrepreneurship idea. I think you will do great at your business. I hope to see your future postings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good advantages when it comes to the product you are trying to sell. I completely agree with you when you say it is all about who you know, but that can get you only so far. I wouldn't rely on just the people you know because there are people in this world that you can't trust. That is just my opinion. Overall, I think you did a great job and your product does have good qualities and could be very useful to people all over the world. Great post!
    http://zachturner9.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html

    ReplyDelete