Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

1. It is odd how just the other day I was reading about how outdated and ineffective surveys are (in relation to the election polls). As it turns out, I am just as surprised that customer surveys are ineffective as well, especially if one considers how much more interaction there is between customers and businesses.

2. What I found confusing was why surveying and polling methods are still outdated, especially when we have the technology to do the job properly. I know I earlier mentioned that it surprising, but to me it is also confusing as well.

3. How do you classify what data is useful and what isn't. Shouldn't there be a way to make all the data useful? I mean, wouldn't there be risk in missing data to capture the overall picture?

4. I don't find myself disagreeing with the author. If I had more knowledge I could perhaps offer better insight. I do agree that surveys, whatever niche it covers, should be updated in in order to capture a better picture of what the public wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment