Should I pursue this venture...I'd have to say that I would prefer to stay with the company for a decade or so and then depart. Why I hypothetically choose this route is because humanitarian ventures are slightly more difficult to establish. My goal is to partner up with the big NGOs, but it already difficult to get noticed by them, especially since big NGOs have a hellish bureaucracy. Staying with the company for a decade or so allows me to properly establish relations with the smaller NGOs (which is how I plan to get to the big NGOs). Also, this gives me plenty of time to hone my main product and humanitarian knowledge.
Truth be told, I would probably go work with an NGO after I leave the company because I want to actually be in the field. Although it would be unlikely for me to start a new venture, my experience with my former business will give me the tools to quickly spot an opportunity in the humanitarian world. After all, there is plenty to improve upon in that sector. Ultimately, all that knowledge I gained with Aquanyte will help me upgrade the NGO I work for.

Hi Gustavo
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your exit strategy I really enjoyed reading it! I think you have a really good strategy here, and I also wanted to stick with my business for a long time and see how it grows as well. I wasn't sure when exactly I would sell or end it. I also like how you are shooting big for eventually working with big NGO's. Overall, great job! Here is the link to my blog post in case you want to check it out: http://lbritthoff.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
Hey Gustavo! Thanks for sharing your exit strategy. I think it’s a good idea to stick with your company for a decade and then more on to other things. It definitely would help you get good experience in what you want to do and would aid in your success with working with an NGO afterwards. If you want to check out my post here’s the link: http://charlysbizblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
ReplyDeleteHi Gustavo! I think it is great that you want to be a humanitarian! I even think it’s good that you would stick with the company that you start. I wish I knew what a NGO is! It seems like you’ve done a lot of research on your business and you are really dedicated to it. Being dedicated will take you places that power, money, and talent cant!
ReplyDeleteCheck out mine: http://bridgettdavis85.blogspot.com/2016/04/week-13-exit-strategy.html