- Public transportation inefficiency-
- In big cities, there aren’t enough public buses and they are always behind schedule (due to traffic)
2. Grease and oil that stains the air vent in the kitchen
a. Constant hassle to clean and can leave stains
3. Weak/no cell signal in certain buildings
a. Walls are too thick or there is too much interference for calls, making it a potential hazard
4. Outdoor recreational courts take long to dry after it has rained
a. There are methods to clean, but it takes too long and since the courts are temporarily out of use, parks and businesses lose revenue (Tennis courts)
5. Not all shoes are flat feet friendly
a. After a period of time feet begin to hurt, which can be a health hazard
6. Bright headlights blind oncoming traffic
a. If oncoming traffic cannot see, there could be an accident
7. Batteries drain quicker over time
a. Batteries are expensive to replace. More energy efficient batteries should be made
8. Earphones that fall off
a. if on a bike, they could get tangled with the wheels
b. but in most cases, when jogging it annoying to constantly readjust
9. Tangled earphones in pockets
a. quite of a mission to untangle
10. There should be separate lanes for fire trucks/ Emergency vehicles
a. this could save lives as it would be more time efficient
b. does not disturb traffic
11. Instead of tv remotes, televisions should rely on hand motions
a. lost remotes are somewhat impeding
12. Movie ticket dilemma
a. cinemas should announce how many remaining tickets they have for movies so that people could know ahead of time whether the can get in or not instead of waiting in long lines hoping that they can get in.
13. Disorganized postal service
a. difficult to track package is postal service sent to the wrong address
14. Universal Healthcare/education
a. Unnecessary and stubborn roadblocks make it difficult to make this happen
b. If other countries can make it work, why can’t we?
15. Harmful gases emission
- harmful gases affect the atmosphere, which in turn affects all of us. Can’t special filters be made to reduce toxic gas emissions.
16. Helium 3
a. could make the United States energy independent. He-3 is an alternative source of energy that can be used.
b. large quantities of it can be found on the Moon. More money should spent there to research and extract this gas.
17. Sakai vs. Canvas
a. All classes on UF should be moved to Canvas (provides a better interface)
b. easier to have all classes on one program instead of shuffling back and forth between Sakai and Canvas
18. Palm tree nets
a. branches fall of palm tree sometimes. Nets should be placed to prevent them from hitting someone on the head
b. can be made for coconuts as well
19. Upper left wheel on the cart
a. the infamous wheel on the shopping cart that stops spinning and makes it difficult to push the cart.
20. Lack of equipment/ Broken equipment at the gym
- the apartment complex where I live offers little fitness equipment. Moreover, there are some machines that are nonfunctional.
Difficult. This assignment was difficult. Sure I’m aware that there are problems with the world, but I’ve never actually sat down and made a list of them.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow you had some bugs that I didn't even think about when i was doing my own but that I definitely get annoyed with and some made me laugh out loud. Weak/no cell signal in certain buildings is a big one for me as I just switched from Tmobile to Verizon because I couldn't get cell service anywhere! I am very happy with Verizon now. The bright headlights is another annoying one to me. We just returned from a long road trip and every time I saw one I would flash them with my brights. I don't think they cared.
ReplyDeleteThe palm tree net made me laugh because we have a huge palm tree in our yard by our house and every year we put lights up for Christmas on it and I always think the branches are going to come crashing down on us.
Great list, here is mine.
http://ctaylornewsblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/bug-list.html
I found number 10 very interesting. It does seem like a good idea to have separate lanes for emergency vehicles, it would be more efficient, and could really help save lives, but I could imagine the cost to expand and repaint roads would be very high. It also means that roads would be closed down which will lead to more traffic, another one of your bugs. Sorry if that was a downer, it just really got me thinking!
ReplyDeleteYour bugs list is pretty different from mine, but I also make some points about efficiency.http://lfrancie.blogspot.com/2016/01/bug-list.html