Sunday, February 14, 2016

Interviewing Customers No.3

EDIT: I had some technical difficulties with the videos so I will be uploading it ASAP. For the meantime, here is my post. 

In my first customer interview assignment, I mentioned that the service I was offering was "fun" In other words, for a very small donation, one could participate in exciting activities, namely recess games. For example, for an entrance fee of $5, you could participate in a Four Square or Knockout tournament. It would be ideal to offer prizes to the games` winners. Just like last time, it did feel uncomfortable to go up and ask people, but for the most part once I started asking, it got easy from there. I kept the first two questions: 1) Have you every donated to charity and 2) Did enjoy recess games as a child? My original question was "Would you pay to participate in games to raise MS awareness?" My new question is "For a small fee of $5, would you participate in recess based games to raise money to fund MS research?" This question lets people know of much they are paying and also lets them know that it won't be a monthly commitment, as most charities are. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gustavo, this is one of the more interesting ideas I've heard. It's a great way for people to both have fun and help out charities. The only issue I see is that you're kind of leading customers in your new question by asking them "for a small fee." If you just said "for a cost of $5" you wouldn't be leading them in any direction. Feel free to check out my idea for a textbook exchange service called TextSwap: http://matthewent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gustavo!
    This is indeed a good and unique idea. I like the detail you put into it I just wish I could have seen an interview video. Aside from that great job, I really enjoyed reading your post. Check out my blog and video when you get the chance, thanks!
    http://ent3003nicole.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see your interviews! I would LOVE to partake in some old school games. Who didn't like red rover and 4 square?! I think that adding charity into the mix is quite genius. I think a lot of students and even young professionals would have a great time gathering together to play some 80's-90's style games. It would take away the stresses of every day life and allow for some fun while still benefiting a good cause. I would like to hear more about charities you would like to help out. I happen to be a huge advocate of St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital.

    ReplyDelete